Friday, August 3, 2007

Challenge Projects

During the 6 month Challenge of not buying any craft supplies other then adhesive I had a few special occasions come up that I needed to make something.

The First was a Girl Scout trip to Savannah GA in the beginning of April. This was a 5 day bus tour Starting in Albion through Washington to Savannah and back again making a stop in Myrtle Beach.


I brought Laiken with me (she was the youngest on the trip). I had alot of help from my Mom and the other leaders. So I wanted to send them thank yous after the trip and came up with bookmarks.
I scanned our schedule and a few pictures from some brouches and came up with a cute thank you and reminder for those who helped me out.







Then at the end of April 10 of my girlfriends from high school met at Niagara on the Lake for a Girls Weekend. And to comerate our weekend I tried my hand at soldering and the use of Memory Glass.


I had some grape paper and got a picture of the cottage we rented and used canvas paper for the tags.


Then one of the last projects I did was a photo album for Miss Stacey. I dismantled an old 3 ring binder and used some of the dance stickers I had.
There was one special page were I used overhead transparencies to overlay a special poem over a picture. I was really happy with how it turned out (which is rare).




So now my 6 months is up and I seem to have really found my imagination again. Not to say that I will never go to a craft store again but when I do I will look throughout the store for inspiration.





No comments: