As I was sitting at my camp site this past weekend, I thought about what I would post next. I am still at the point in my posts where I am still telling you about my Crafting challenge. So I guess I will move on to the next project I did. It was an Altered Box project, A Friendship Box, for one of my best friend's Jori. Her birthday was coming up and I wanted to do something to commemorate our 30+ years of friendship.
1. I started with a small jewelery gift box and painted the out side of it. I then created a 2 flowers the the years of friendship on each pedal.

2. I then moved to the inside of the box. I made the leaves again on the computer, then covered the rest of the box with some paper I had.

3. I started working on the inside of the box, I created a pull out book (Fanning the Paper). I went through some things I had, year books, old notes (Yes I still have every note that my friends wrote me), and searched the Internet for friendship quotes.
4. I scanned and printed all my memorabilia and the quotes.
5. I created pockets on the front of my book and created tags with my memories and quotes to slide in.


I do have to say I was pretty happy with this piece (which rarely happens). I was also proud that I stuck to my challenge of not buying anything, Everything I used I had.
I couldn't wait till Jori's birthday so one day when she was not having the best of days I brought it to her. She love it.
My next post will most likely be next week, We have a busy week ahead. Have a great 4th and Please let me know what you think.
2 comments:
Oh this is tryly lovely. Jori will adore it for sure. What a neat way to create in a heartfelt manner without spending any money! Hooray for you!
Love, Violette
I saw this and thought it was a great idea. Especially when you have a best friend your whole life....
Post a Comment