Friday, June 15, 2007

Okay so here we go....My first blog posting.

I set this account up 6 months ago( More on that in awhile) and I am finally ready to do this.

As far back as I can remember I have always been doing some sort of crafting/art. I used to sit in my front lawn when I was younger and draw. I would have the whole setup, I'd get a lawn chair, my drawing pad, crayons, and a some kool aide. I would sit and draw what I saw in front of me or in my imagination. I was not the greatest artist but there was something about the processes that I loved and still do. I am a lifetime member of the Girl Scouts and loved when we would do crafts weather it was boon doogle or making Photo albums. I loved art class in School but never took an art class after 8th grade (this I wish I would have done differently). In my adult life as a crafter I have done everything from Quilling to Painting to Traditional Scrapbooking. All this has lead me to the here and now and why I wanted to start this blog 6 months ago. After all these years of doing all of these crafts I found that I have ALOT of stuff, so after reading other peoples blogs and a few books on Altered art, ATC's, and other great projects, I decided to give my self a challenge...

BUY NOTHING FOR MONTHS (Accept adhesives).

I wanted to see what my imagination and creativity could come up with. And I have to say I have really surprised myself. In future posting I will share what I came up with and would love your comments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

these are pretty cool kelly. how did the rest of the organization go. did you find anything you forgot you had that sparked any new ideas or thoughts. can not wait for the next post. keep them coming.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

There is always something
you can use to create and
not have to buy a lot to
do it.
I use to sit on my Grma's.
front porch and draw. I
was in Sunbeams when I was
a little girl.
Thanks for bringing up
good memories.